Happy Fall! Soup is served!
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger (grated)
- ½ white onion sliced
- 1 can organic coconut milk
- 2-4 cups organic chicken broth or water (less = creamy)
- 2 tbps Thai Kitchen Red Curry Paste approx. half bottle
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 stalk lemongrass (fresh, smashed and cut into 2 inch lengths)
- 2 cups butternut squash
- 2 cups organic kale (coarsely chopped)
- 2 cups shiitake mushrooms (fresh, sliced)
- 1 lb raw shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1 whole fresh lime juice
- salt (taste)
- *red pepper flakes if desired
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook the ginger and onion until translucent.
- Add the coconut milk and chicken broth or water.
- Stir in curry paste, lemongrass, fish sauce.
- Add in the butternut squash and allow to simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Stir in kale and mushrooms, again allowing it to simmer until kale is tender.
- Add the shrimp; cook until no longer translucent about 5 minutes. Stir in the lime juice; season with salt;
- REMOVE the lemongrass; garnish with cilantro or scallions. For extra heat, add red pepper flakes.
Click below to see: