Paleo Beef Stew
There’s nothing like rain to inspire me to cook a nice stew! This a comfort food I’ve always looked forward to, even as a child… but now I’m enjoying this wonderful, nourishing Paleo version!
If you want to print, I’ve made it available in pdf format for you here: Paleo Slow Cooker Beef Stew-GFWT
• 3-4 lbs grass-fed beef stew meat
• 2 packages sliced mushrooms of choice (approx. 3 cups)
• 2 cup carrots, peeled and chopped
2 cups celery, chopped
• 2 sweet potatoes, chopped
• 5 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed (use the flat part of a knife)
• 2 large sweet onions, chopped. (Place in warm water for 5 minutes then peel)
• 4 cups chicken or beef broth (or water if you don’t have that on hand)
• ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar or 1 cup red wine
• 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
• 1-2 small cans tomato paste
• 2 bay leaves
• 4 tablespoons onion powder
• 2 tablespoon dried rosemary
• 2 teaspoon dried sage
• 2 teaspoon dried parsley
• 2 sprigs of fresh thyme, or 1/2 tsp dried
• Salt and pepper, to taste
Using a large crock pot:
1. Place mushrooms, garlic, and onions in the bottom of your pot
2. Throw meat and sweet potatoes on top.
3. Mix your liquids and tomato paste,
4. Place all the spices on top of the meat and sweet potatoes.
5. stir your liquids and tomato paste until combined. Add all remaining ingredients. Cover.
6. Cook on Cook at low for 6-8 hours.
*This recipe is easy to half for smaller meals, but I always suggest cooking extra for leftovers during the week.
2013 All Rights Reserved. ©Tiffany Dalton www.glutenfreeewithtiffany.com