Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
I decided to show you a little bit more of the baking process with pictures in this recipe. I realized that many people want to see the mix textures, the products I use, etc.
This is a wonderful almond flour to bake with! It is different from the trader Joe’s brand, it is fine, and fluffy. But don’t get me wrong, I bake with TJ’s often, and it does a great job!
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins : <almost Paleo>
Ingredients (12 muffins)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 1/4 cup Xylitol (or 6 stevia packets OR replace with pure maple syrup to make ‘paleo’)
- 1/8 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (omit this if you use maple syrup)
- 1 can pumpkin puree (2 cups)
- 3 eggs
- 1/8 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tbs vanilla extract
- Mix flours, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda, and sweetener of choice in a large bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together the wet ingredients (almond milk, pumpkin, eggs, oil, vanilla).
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until just mixed.
- Scoop batter into lined or oiled muffin pan. Fill about ¾ full. Bake for 20-25 minutes.